- Support member engagement, open communication, and principled responses to the challenges we face.
- Raise the status of the profession.
- Professional pay, professional workload, and professional autonomy for teachers.
- Fair, equitable, and safe responses to COVID-19.
- Build strength and unity for our union.
If elected, my commitments to you are to:
- Ensure that occupational health and safety measures are fully realized, that there are clear and equitable limits on teacher workload, and that member concerns are heard and responded to at all levels of the BCTF throughout COVID-19.
- Work tirelessly and passionately to help raise the status of the teaching profession.
- Advocate on the value of public education to the province as a whole.
- Focus on uniting and strengthening our union – so we can achieve and safeguard professional pay, professional workloads, and professional autonomy for all members.
- Listen to all members, engage with diverse points of view and perspectives, advance affirmative action and other equity measures within the union, and help build unity through common ground and dialogue.
- Strive to increase transparency in all decision making processes, and utilize the feedback of members and the advisory groups that we have in place.
- Be a voice for equity and reconciliation and to be a champion for greater transparency and engagement at all levels of the union.
- Work with integrity, humility, and honesty and to put the common interests above personal interests in all my dealings on behalf of you.
I am running to help build bridges in the union, to help us move past any possible divisions or distractions, and to raise the status of our profession by achieving real gains in pay, workload, and autonomy for all members. I am committed to equity and reconciliation. I will work to unite and strengthen our union for your benefit.